Another potenial new weave!

silentillumination

Advertisement
Hey,

First time posting here, just wanted to check if anyone had come across this before.

I was making Ocean Waves today and I decided to try something a bit different. I interlocked the main 4 rings in each section and as I created the weave it started to twist in a spiral, I added some stabilising rings which made Celtic unit sections, this also kept the spiral from unravelling.

This is a cross between spiral 4in1/Ocean Waves/Celtic Unit

I've attached some pictures, sorry if it's hard to see.

How do I submit this to Maillepedia?

Many thanks!
1672261895900.jpg

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
First time posting here, just wanted to check if anyone had come across this before.

Welcome to the site. :D I'm going to answer your questions a bit out of order.

How do I submit this to Maillepedia?
Currently, there is no "official" submission process. Best way to do it unofficially is to reach out to me via a thread on the site (as you've done) or to start a conversation with me directly (preferred) or through messages on other social media platforms (bottom of the list ;) )

I was making Ocean Waves today and I decided to try something a bit different. I interlocked the main 4 rings in each section and as I created the weave it started to twist in a spiral, I added some stabilising rings which made Celtic unit sections, this also kept the spiral from unravelling.

This is a cross between spiral 4in1/Ocean Waves/Celtic Unit

I've attached some pictures, sorry if it's hard to see.
I'm fairly familiar with Ocean Waves, so I see what you're doing in your picture :) (side note: putting a piece of white paper behind it would make it easier to focus on the chain and not the towel ;) )

While I'm currently still working on fleshing out what will be our classification system, I can say that the chain in your picture would most likely be considered a "transformation" of Ocean Waves and not something "new". I can go into more detail if you want. Up to you if you'd like that publicly or privately, please let me know :D

silentillumination

Welcome to the site. :D I'm going to answer your questions a bit out of order.

Currently, there is no "official" submission process. Best way to do it unofficially is to reach out to me via a thread on the site (as you've done) or to start a conversation with me directly (preferred) or through messages on other social media platforms (bottom of the list ;) )

I'm fairly familiar with Ocean Waves, so I see what you're doing in your picture :) (side note: putting a piece of white paper behind it would make it easier to focus on the chain and not the towel ;) )

While I'm currently still working on fleshing out what will be our classification system, I can say that the chain in your picture would most likely be considered a "transformation" of Ocean Waves and not something "new". I can go into more detail if you want. Up to you if you'd like that publicly or privately, please let me know :D
Thank you for the response!

I think a transformation sounds about right, like you say it's a variation on ocean waves.

I make my pieces on a towel it's more comfortable for my elbows ;) I'll try to take some better pics so you can see, and I'll drop you a private message as I'd be interested in some info.