Interwoven 4 in 1 Dragonscale vs. Persian Dragonscale Sheet

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
If you're referring to this weave:

The short answer is no, they are not the same as one is based off of Interwoven 4 in 1 (joined European 4 in 1 chains) and the other one, Persian Dragonscale (Tethered Half Persian 3 in 1 chains).

The long answer, I, unfortunately, don't currently have the time to go into (although I will return to this as soon as I do). In the meantime, perhaps C _CMB_ or Karpeth Karpeth might be able to explain further :)

Karpeth

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
While I can't see it all, scott summed it up "fully", but the principles are close between "persian dragonscale" & related weaves and Interwoven & related weaves.

The basis for Interwoven (4) is tethering HP2-1 chains with two protosheets of E4-1.
The basis for the PDS chain is tethering HP3-1 chains with two protosheets of E4-1.

Interwoven Sheet is continuing on the sides, tethering on in the exact same fashion as I4-1.
Interwoven Dragon takes the other route, tethering in the oposite way every other row for a lean in the same direction.

PDS Sheet tethers HP3-1 with E4-1 protosheets. With the reverse side being lost to time, I cannot deconstruct it fully, but I can say that if you flip IDS you will see the same weave on the other side. That is not possible with PDS, as HP3-1 does not have a rotational symmetric crossection.