JPL instructions?

Frann

Established Member
Established Member
slightly blurry but it flexs all ways and is uniform. now I need to get the right mandrel and cut all my aluminum. :)

Attachments

• 11836691_10207288193587107_5679412795315530333_n.jpg
    11836691_10207288193587107_5679412795315530333_n.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 193
When trying JPL for the first time, I found it easiest to use 3 different colors/metals and remember that when you add a new ring, it will not pass through a ring of the same color, only the other 2 colors. That little bit helped me immensely!

Bobbie

Established Member
Advertisement
I love this weave and I learned it by watch Aussie Maille tutorial on youtube -
She has a lot of youtube tutorials and they are pretty easy to follow.

Glossy

View attachment 431

OK I found yet another JPL tutorial that I think *finally* made it make sense to me. I now have a chain containing over 1000 rings completed. I will use some for the necklace in the attached photo. The rest...? The tutorial is http://alchemistsvessel.blogspot.com/2012/09/jens-pind-chainmaille-photo-tutorial-in.html
Fantastic info here - I thought I knew where to place the rings until I read through AV’s article.
I’ve been having trouble with the JPL3 but with size and gauge of rings - I knew the recommendations but getting a specific size/metal here in UK Is difficult at best of times.
But I’m now coming to grips with AR which I realise is necessary knowledge with chainmaille.
Looking forward to reading other links re JP. 👍

Glossy

I love this weave and I learned it by watch Aussie Maille tutorial on youtube -
She has a lot of youtube tutorials and they are pretty easy to follow.
Hi Bobbie, I’ve learned a lot from this lady Deb - she is amazing, she makes it look so easy. Her videos are really inspiring esp to beginners like myself.
This is the tutorial that introduced me to this weave but I didn’t go with correct gauge and so much too tight - another was too loose - a bit like the 3 bears. I‘ve ordered more rings and hoping these will be ‘just right’ ……fingers crossed.

Glossy

This JPL3 weave is my favourite too Bobbie and now on my second bracelet. I looked at quite a few other tutorials but had to go back to `Deb and AM.
i did try with the beads - only because the first time of trying I had wrong size rings and weave too loose. Tried putting 6 Toho seed beads but for some reason didn’t have much luck. Smaller size beads didn’t look right either. I love the idea of beads with chainmaille though.