Practical Applications of Maille in Novel Designs

Alton H

Aloha all.
I recently made a particular chain based on Planck's Constant that had interesting physical properties.
In particular, it had the ability to both push and pull, without much collapse room.
This chain was relatively flexible for having this property. Considering the low collapsibility, the bend radius was very low for this particular chain.
This chain holds its shape without flattening out when laid on its side.

To explain each property, I will compare to a real-world example of each property.
Both push and pull: a hydraulic line is able to effectively push and pull a piston, when driven from either side of the line. A string is very bad at pushing, as it can squish even if you restrict its meandering by threading it through a tube. A gold wire is fairly bad at pulling, as it is a very ductile material and will stretch under not much tension.
Little collapse room: A solid rod of metal does not collapse when you push on it and does not stretch when you pull on it. A rubber band stretches when you pull on it. Cork squishes when you push on it. IN other words, tension or compression does not change the length of the chain I made.
Flexible, considering low collapsibility: A bike chain does not collapse when you push on it, provided you guide it along its turning plane; despite low collapsibility, a bike chain can make a very tight turn. Tungsten is not very flexible at all, despite being very resistant to collapsing under pressure or stretching under tension.
Holds its shape: Wood holds its shape in practically any orientation. A moist clay does not hold its shape when laid on its side, as it slumps.

I imagine a chain with similar properties might be the Jen's Pind Linkage, which requires a very specific aspect ratio to hold its shape, but I've never made it myself so I cannot confirm or deny this.

The point I'm getting at here is that a chain with these properties should be able to do some novel things in theory. It can replace a hydraulic line but does not need a water-tight enclosure, merely a guide to keep it from flexing out of the way. I'm trying to write a research paper that will examine the practical applications of novel designs of chainmaille. If anyone has any designs that might fit this sort of research, I'd appreciate it if you could link them here. I'd also appreciate links to any such studies or articles examining the uses of these new weaves. Some things I am not looking for are chemical synthesis and catalysts, as well as molecular biology.