A6

A6 chain page

Bobbie

Established Member
Established Member
Ok, I ask. This is listed with two ARs. Does that mean I need to purchase two different ring sizes and if I do need two different sizes are they the same gauge?

Because I am still learning how to move around in here and look at stuff. On the Overview Page, you have Weave Classification; then under that listing, you have Alternates, Modifications? (What does this mean?)

Also, because I am still a student of art. I like that you have listed the family the weaves fall in.

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I ask. This is listed with two ARs. Does that mean I need to purchase two different ring sizes and if I do need two different sizes are they the same gauge?
If the listed "commonly used ARs" have a comma between them, then there are 2 different AR's used in the weave. If there is a semicolon between numbers then either one can be used individually.

If a weave uses a single ring size, or if the rings used were different gauges, there will be notes stating so in the same area.

Because I am still learning how to move around in here and look at stuff. On the Overview Page, you have Weave Classification; then under that listing, you have Alternates, Modifications? (What does this mean?)
We're still working out the classification system that will be the final version on the website. Alternates, and modifications are basically weaves that are structurally related to the weave that you are looking at. For example, A6 and Rings of Saturn are the same exact weave. A6 has 2 rings on the central axis and Rings of Saturn has only 1.