Completed Contest Contest of the Month - February

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
Things are being changed up a bit for the contest this month, no photo necessary.

We've been eyeing the Black Glass Titanium rings from Whitney Maille for a while now and finally took the plunge and ordered some. We'd like for one of you to take the plunge with us which is why the prize for this month's contest is a $25.00 gift certificate to Whitney Maille. If you've already dived in, please take a moment to let our membership know how it went by leaving a review.

We need you to do a few things for your entry into the contest to be valid:
  1. Check out our Maillepedia and find a weave that you would like to make in Whitney Maille Black Glass Titanium.
  2. Reply to this contest thread with the name of the weave you decided on and the reason why you want to make it in Black Glass Titanium.
  3. Suggest a weave (not currently available) that you would like to see in our Maillepedia. Let us know by replying with the name of the weave in the following suggestion thread: https://chainmaillers.com/threads/maillepedia-item-suggestions.1625/
Entry period: February 1st, 2021 - February 27th, 2021 11:59 PM EST.
The winner will be chosen at random from valid entries and announced on February 28th, 2021.

Contest Rules:
  • One Entry per eligible member.
  • The contest must have at least 10 entries for the prize to be awarded.
  • Contest winner is responsible for any additional fees, shipping costs, tariffs, and/or taxes.
  • Users creating additional accounts to enter will be disqualified and/or banned from the contest forum.
  • Posts other than contest entries will be removed.
  • Replies must be made in the correct threads. (there are two threads you will need to reply in)
  • Contest winners that receive a prize will be ineligible for the next 2 contests following the one they win.
    • Ineligible Members:
      • None - All members are currently eligible.
  • Gift Certificate will be sent via email.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post in our Troubleshooting/Site Questions forum or start a conversation with chainmaillers.com chainmaillers.com .

Good Luck everyone,
Chainmaillers.com

Last edited:

Zipitiduda

Beta Tester
I’d like to try GSG in in the black glass titanium. I think the smoothness of the weave will enhance the rings.

Whitney

Beta Tester
Vendor
I’d like to try GSG in in the black glass titanium. I think the smoothness of the weave will enhance the rings.
I like this idea. I've only done GSG once and it was in Square Wire Black Glass Ti giving it a great chunky flowing look. I'd love to see one more elegant!

larrydbollman

I would do a hoodoo hex with capture.

I would like to use black titanium, because it is so sexy and it would be great with a white or red capture!

Last edited by a moderator:

Atalanta

I think kudzu would look cool in the black glass TI. Maybe a few accent rings in another color to bring out the coolness of the weave.

Bracken Maille

I'd love to do an Elfsheet piece with Eric Whitney's black titanium. I've used it before, and I know it pairs nicely with my "Gecko" sponge anodized titanium rings. I think the combination would make and Elfsheet piece just pop.

Whitney

Beta Tester
Vendor
I'm looking forward to eventually doing a Moorish Rose bracelet in my Black Glass Ti. With all the weaves I've completed I have yet to even attempt Moorish Rose so of course I would do my first one in my own rings. A guy can dream, right? BTW, I'm removing myself from eligibility for the contest but I wanted to share my dream :cool:

RedRavenMetalweaver

I would love to try bore worm, candy wyrm, bipolar beestings, born again, barbed helm, and arcadian chain. Hoodoo hex captive bracelet with stainless steel or anodized titanium ball bearings would also look amazing with the black glass titanium rings.

Jpriem

I want to take a shot at Raven's Braid or any of the "Element" Wyrms (fire, earth, etc). I think they would look super sexy in the black glass from Mr. Whitney.

DragonFyre

I would like to weave Born Again. I like the look of the weave and think it would look great in black glass titanium.

Last edited by a moderator:

Temp&Tea

I could totally play with Bumpa with those black rings - double the bumpa strands up, and capture a bright red rivoli in between them.