Completed Contest Contest of the Month - July

pixie37373

July's contest is sponsored by The Ring Lord The Ring Lord . They've generously offered $50.00 towards a purchase on theringlord.com

This month, we're looking for pictures of something you're currently working on, or a piece you recently completed. The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries on July 31st, 2021.

How to enter the contest:
  1. In the reply box, tell us a little bit about your entry (What you were inspired by and how you were inspired).
    View attachment 4569
  2. Click "Attach files":
    View attachment 4570
  3. In the window that opens, select the photo that you would like to enter.
  4. On the photo thumbnail that appears after your image is uploaded click "insert":
    View attachment 4571
  5. Click "Full Image":
    View attachment 4572
  6. Click "Post reply":
    View attachment 4573

Entry period: Now - July 30th, 2021 11:59 PM EST.

Contest Rules:
  • One Entry per eligible member.
  • The contest must have at least 10 entries for the prize to be awarded.
  • Contest winner is responsible for any additional fees, shipping costs, tariffs, and/or taxes.
  • Users creating additional accounts to enter will be disqualified and/or banned from the contest forum.
  • Posts other than contest entries will be removed.
  • Contest winners that receive a prize will be ineligible for the next 2 contests following the one they win.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post in our Troubleshooting/Site Questions forum or start a conversation with chainmaillers.com chainmaillers.com .

Good Luck everyone,
Chainmaillers.com
A friend is knitting a “weather gradient” blanket with a new row every day in different colors for every 10 degrees (going by the high temp). I wanted to do something similar in maille, so I’m doing a scarf!

7326BE26-B687-4C6D-A58C-D59E923A6AFC.jpeg

WildJinx

Just finished making this cute shenanigans choker. Wanted something small, but with a pop of colour, I think it turned out alright.
Shenanigans Choker.jpg

LaurieP

During the Pandemic, I came close to losing my vision, not permanently, but I need 4 surgeries to fix it. 2 months after the first one, I was able to Maille again! I wanted to celebrate so I created this headpiece.
hp1.JPG

hp2.JPG

hp3.JPG

HeatherU211

I just finished my first "Jelly Cube." I have been wanting to make one for awhile, and while visiting my parents this weekend, I was talking to my dad about it. His reply was, "Well, then make one. Just do it." So I did! I didn't have the best size of rings on-hand, but it still turned out pretty well! My boys (ages 6 and 4) have already claimed it and are requesting more. 😁
20210719_093331.jpg

Mirres

My newest piece. Double strand box chain in silver and black. I'm still new and learning, so this was a challenge to myself to try a new pattern other than my beloved byzantine. I like this weave in that it assembles very similar to Byz, and is comfortable to work with.

I am going to try another pattern soon. But first I want to order in some new rings on payday.

20210718_072837.jpg

lwest

Terrible mess right now, but with little experience I thought I'd go for a challenge and try moorish rose. I've barely started on it, but I plan on this being part of a christmas gift.
20210722_154317.jpg

TiffanyW

These are two of my currently in progress works, one barrel weave 18 inch necklace and one Elf Weave variant bracelet, the bracelet is a gift for my mother in law.
1-wip.png

CrimsonWeaver

I call this piece "Flowering Stars". I was inspired by one of my favorite lines from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit that described the handiwork of the Dwarves of Erebor; "On silver necklaces they strung the flowing stars," so I wanted to convey this idea. The necklace is made up of multiple patterns including mobius, byzantine, 2-in-2, and pixie snowflake (by Dawdling Dragons). It is made using round and diamond rolled stainless steel jump-rings and clear Swarovski glass.

IMG_3884.jpg
IMG_3870.jpg
IMG_3849.jpg
IMG_3848.jpg

cara_chapel

My entry will eventually be a seamless over-the-hand cuff in Coyote weave. I learned Coyote after seeing Eric Whitney post a bracelet in the weave, and I looked up a tutorial for it. I made bracelets in large (16swg 3/16") and medium sizes (18 swg 9/64") and wanted a small-sized one (20 swg 3/32"), as well, because I like how thick the sheet is for the ring size, and I enjoy how it flows.

I find Coyote a little tedious to weave at this size and I've had some neck pain if I bend over my work for too long at a time recently, so this one is progressing slowly. I've already experimented with joining it to itself, and while it's a little fiddly due to lack of room, with some patience and fine-tipped pliers, I believe I can join up this size as well.

I'm attaching pictures of the WIP micromaille bracelet as well as the larger finished bracelets.

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 12.32.00 PM.png

The black one is a little floppy around the edges due to me leaving out a ring in a misguided attempt to stabilize; I've improved it to the more standard edge since that photo was taken.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 3.59.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 3.59.17 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 4.04.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 4.04.39 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 11.00.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 11.00.08 PM.png
    997.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:

Otter

My rainbow striped top is probably my most popular and I had recently had a commission that wanted a three color ombre so since I had already made the pattern I decided to do a new pride style <3
top_dd_bi.jpg

Melody

Established Member
Beta Tester
Contributing Member
I created this pendant I call Mora a week or so ago. I recently lost my best friend and it’s name is inspired by her.

C3EFEE12-DDAC-4C4B-B8ED-B8A209D6F7F1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
Entry period has closed. The prize is ACTIVE :). Winner will be picked at random today, July 31st. Good luck to everyone who entered!

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies about the delay in picking the winner.

We had 32 entries this month - starting with post #2 and ending with post #33, therefore, we're going to pick a random number from 2 - 33. The post that corresponds with the number chosen will be the winner of the contest.

And the winner is (drumroll please)

1627842107169.gif

Post #11

Congratulations to the winner of our July Contest H Hoatzin !​

We hope that $50.00 off your order at theringlord.com will be of great use to you. We'll be reaching out to you via conversation shortly regarding your prize.

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who entered and an ENORMOUS thank you to The Ring Lord The Ring Lord for sponsoring this months contest.

Regards,
Chainmaillers.com

Nicki

I call this piece "Flowering Stars". I was inspired by one of my favorite lines from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit that described the handiwork of the Dwarves of Erebor; "On silver necklaces they strung the flowing stars," so I wanted to convey this idea. The necklace is made up of multiple patterns including mobius, byzantine, 2-in-2, and pixie snowflake (by Dawdling Dragons). It is made using round and diamond rolled stainless steel jump-rings and clear Swarovski glass.

View attachment 4934 View attachment 4935 View attachment 4936 View attachment 4937
I love this work and was wondering if your gonna do a tutorial. I have made flowers before but they are always limp. I don't know why and I have never attempted to put stones in the center. I am by no means a professional the only things I have ever sold were to friends. But I do love to wear things I have made just so if someone comments I can say with pride "I made it".