Glass Caterpillar !

Mournblade

Glass Caterpillar, by the great Kat Wisniewski, is one of the most visually impressive things i've ever made to this very day. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it's basically persian dragonscale with some pretty glass rings and beads added in. Right? Have any of you made this yet? So many color possibilities...
550774_4218669311568_2140050340_n.jpg DSC_0005 (2).JPG DSC_0008 (2).JPG IMG_0688.JPG DSC_0010.JPG glass_caterpillar_brass_garnet_amber3(2).jpg caterpillar.jpg

MrDeranged

Staff member
Beta Tester
I've never made Glass Caterpillar, but from the look of your pictures, are the edge rows connected with one strip of rings or two?

If one, I believe that is more Euro-Persian (Alligator Back) than Persian Dragonscale.

Euro-Persian can be described as a strip of European 4-1 with HP 3-1 edging.

Persian Dragonscale can be described two ways:
  • Two strips of E 4-1 connected on the edges in HP 3-1 style.
  • Two strips of HP 3-1 stitched together E 4-1 style on both sides.
Phong Phong 's Persian Dragonscale tutorial shows great examples of what I mean.

Mournblade

It's just one ring along the edge. The reason I say persian dragonscale is because it has the W shape instead of a V shape that alligator back has - based on the directions the outer rings run vs the center.

MrDeranged

Staff member
Beta Tester
Advertisement
Persian dragonscale can sort of be described like this:

<=>

The <> are half persian 3 in 1. The = is 2 instances of E4-1 connections between the upper parts of the half persian and the lower parts of the half persian.

Euro Persian Hybrid (Alligator Back) can be described like this:

<->

There is only 1 instance of E4-1 connections in EPH

So in your pictures (especially this one):
1621189806563.png

If you "zipped" up the "unzipped" side with E4-1 connections, it would be persian dragonscale.