Feedback Maillepedia Weave Entries

What is more important: a clear visual representation or a written description?

• A Picture is worth 1000 words (Visual Representation)

• Equally Important

• 1000 words paint a picture (Written Description)

Results are only viewable after voting.

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
You may have noticed that many of the entries in the Maillepedia do not have a written description. While I hope to eventually add written descriptions for all weaves, there are a number of reasons for this:
  1. Getting the different weaves catalogued takes precedence over everything.
  2. Visual representation, imo, is more important as written descriptions can be added later.
  3. Current mailler terminology is all over the place and I want to have a standardized terminology in place.
While those are my reasons, I'd love to know what you think and would prefer.

If users are happy with just pictures, I can focus on making renders and adding MOAR entries to the maillepedia. ;) If more users are interested in written descriptions, then I can shift to working on the terminology aspect.

Looking forward to your feedback and don't forget to click on your choice in the poll :D.

CopiousEclections

If it is accurate, then historic description would be great. But I mainly focus on the visual aspect of the weave and the size of the rings needed for the weave.

JoshuaSaenger

If it is accurate, then historic description would be great. But I mainly focus on the visual aspect of the weave and the size of the rings needed for the weave.

Here's a visual. Just a simple Byzantine with a friend's colors..

Attachments

• 20221217_162308.jpg
    20221217_162308.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 51

Karpeth

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
I believe we should pool community resorces for writing descriptions. It's easier to delegate rough scripting out so you can focus on renders.

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
While I would love the help, right now it's not feasible. When I write descriptions, they're based on my classification system (which still isn't "comple"). If I have multiple people writing descriptions without a final framework in place, then there won't be any continuity between them as everyone will write in their own style.

Karpeth

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
While I would love the help, right now it's not feasible. When I write descriptions, they're based on my classification system (which still isn't "comple"). If I have multiple people writing descriptions without a final framework in place, then there won't be any continuity between them as everyone will write in their own style.
With writing directions, the community can do the brunt of it and you editing it to fit? much less work for you? :)

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
With writing directions, the community can do the brunt of it and you editing it to fit? much less work for you? :)
While I hope that would be the case, my way of doing things is not the commonly accepted way. There are lots of terms that are completely different and some that are applied differently.

Karpeth

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
While I hope that would be the case, my way of doing things is not the commonly accepted way. There are lots of terms that are completely different and some that are applied differently.
And the terms are where your edits come in. :p