P.O.T.M. What is your favorite material to work with?

Poll of the Month

What are your favorite materials to work with?

• Total voters

Rick Bergeron

Beta Tester
Precious metals because that's what Kathleen likes to use.
Titanium because it is lighter for use in "Manly" weaves and polishes to a relatively nice finish (unanodized).

Would love to see what 18kt green gold looks like in finished piece.

madd_vyking

Stainless steel...beauty & shine, strength and durability, and yet reasonable cost. Ultimate dream goal is to mix it with pink and/or yellow gold for the combination of strength and über decadence...

ien

I've become a Stainless only kind of kid, lately... I still have some aluminum around and will randomly do a bracelet, and it makes me nuts. I don't like that it doesn't have any heft to it.
I find this slightly funny, as i am making winter gifts for people and I'm sure the most common response will be 'this is so heavy!'.

Melody

Established Member
Beta Tester
Contributing Member
I really like everything I've tried. They each have good and bad points. BA and AA is a favorite because of versatility and cost. I can make more for the dollar. Fun to practice with as well.

CaysCraftyCreations

Established Member
Beta Tester
I use ba and aa the most, basically because I am poor lol. I have been working with sterling silver and wish I could afford to buy some for myself!

Mimi

Established Member
Beta Tester
I started using BA and AA and have since moved more into Stainless, Copper, Bronze and Niobium. I love the sturdiness of these materials.

Aussie Maille

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Sterling and anodised niobium is always my favourite...next in line though would be stainless. Love the weight of these metals.

Frann

Established Member
Established Member
I like aluminum for it's softness, and vast color possibilities,
Steel because it's STEEL!
And niobium for the weight and gorgeous colors.

lake158

Established Member
Established Member
I like BA and AA because of the great cost and they are lightweight. The AA is great to add beautiful colours.

Steph

If I could afford it, I'd use silver for just about everything. I love the look, feel, and weight of it!

Nologic

I like using enameled copper because I can cut the rings myself. I recently tried BA and stainless and enjoy working with them, too. I would love to work with silver, but the price has kept me away.

Victoria Sol

I love ALL the metals. Well, I haven't tried them all. But it seems unfair to pick only a few when I actually like working with everything I've tried so far. They just have different properties.

I'd looove to try niobium... but it's out of my financial reach at the moment. Currently stainless steel is my favourite, but it changes from week to week or month to month. :)

Sharyn Hamilton

Established Member
Established Member
I love anodized niobium. The colors are glorious -- Have you seen B3's iridescent blueberry? Swoon. -- and it has a nice weight. Sadly, I'm not independently wealthy, so I can't use it exclusively. I also do a lot of AA and BA, although any metal's up for grabs.

Mlouzzz

For me its BA and AA. It is light, easy to work with en very affordable. I also like steel, but I don't have the right pliers at the moment. Love the look of titanium and niobium, but I can't afford it at the moment. Some day I will try ;-)