Completed Contest Chainmaille Inlay Photo of the Month - October

Status
Not open for further replies.

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
The theme of the contest this month is Inlay's.

The prize this month is, once again:

$25.00 USD

The contest is simple, show us your images created in chainmaille. Simply post a picture of a inlay that you created and tell us a little bit about it.

The winner will be chosen by our membership. The photo that has the most votes at the end of the voting period wins.

Entry period: October 1st, 2020 12:00 AM EST - October 24th, 2020 11:59 PM EST.
Voting Period: October 25th, 2020 12:00 AM EST- October 30th, 11:59 PM EST.
The winner will be announced on October 31st, 2020.

Contest Rules:
  • One Entry per eligible member.
  • The contest must have at least 10 entries for the prize to be awarded.
  • A winning entry must have at least 10 votes for the prize to be awarded.
  • Users creating additional accounts to enter and/or vote will be disqualified and/or banned from the contest forum.
  • Posts other than contest entries will be removed.
  • Contest winners that receive a prize will be ineligible for the next 2 contests following the one they win.
    • Ineligible Members:
      • All members currently eligible.
  • Prize will only be paid via Paypal.
  • In the event of a tie between entries, there will be a flash vote period for the tied entries (to be announced).

How to Enter:

1. Click "Attach files" at the bottom of the page:
    contest -attach files.png
  2. In the window that opens, select the photo that you would like to enter.
  3. On the photo thumbnail that appears after your image is uploaded click "insert":
    contest - insert.png
  4. Click "Full Image":
    contest - full image.png
  5. Click "Post reply":
    contest - post reply.png

How to Vote:​

Once the voting period begins, each user can vote a maximum of 1 time for each entry they want to vote for. Just remember 1 vote for every entry is the same as 0 votes for any entry.

To vote, merely click on the ^ symbol in the smaller red box. (Be careful: If you click ^ again after already voting, it will remove your vote).

Depending on what type of device you're viewing the contest on, the location of the vote box may change.

Large wide screen device (Desktop computer) - On the right hand side:

vote - desktop.png

Smaller portrait device (Phone) - Beneath the image:

vote - mobile.png

After clicking to upvote, you should see the number next to it increase.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post in our Troubleshooting/Site Questions forum or start a conversation with chainmaillers.com chainmaillers.com . We hope to see more entries this month as we'd like to give away a prize. Good Luck everyone

Regards,
Chainmaillers.com

Bracken Maille

Chain maille POW/MIA flag inlay. 79,236 rings total. Measures 48" x 72" (4 foot x 6 foot). Weighs over 33 pounds. Over 1,000 hours of work.
20200606_193913.jpg

Upvote 2

Terraling

Chainmaille Rose Inlay. I took a picture of a stained glass window of a church. Took the time to convert it into a pattern, and inlayed it. Over 13K anodized aluminum 1/4 inch ID rings (t.y. The Ring Lord). Only took me about 135 hours of work. After being finished I made a shadowbox to mount it in and gave it to a friend as a wedding present.

Chainmaille Rose.jpg

Upvote 2

Alexandra Hurst

For my daughter. I did this long before I knew there were programs that converted photos to maille patterns. I literally drew this out on graph paper, one ring at a time. I think that took longer than weaving it!
154x295 rows, 45,500 rings (18swg 5/32), 23" x 20". I stopped counting at 100 hours.

Pony.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Ravey

Made this for a friend to give her hubby as a Christmas gift. He loved it!
This took roughly 40 total hours, and approximately 10,000 18 gauge, 5/32" rings.
Woven in Euro 4-in-1 using bright, frosted and anodized aluminum.
Piece measures about 30 x 35 cm lying flat.

harley_resize.jpg

Upvote 0

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
Entries are closed and voting is now open. Unfortunately, as we did not get enough entries, there will be no cash prize. However, the winner will receive a consolation prize of 3 months of "Supporting Member" benefits.

Good luck to those who entered. :D

Upvote 0

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
Since we didn't meet the minimum number of entries for the cash prize this month, we're going to go without the flash voting this time around. Looks like we have 2 winners of three month Supporting member packages as they were tied with the same number of votes.

In no particular order:

Bracken Maille Bracken Maille
1604182645981.png

and

T Terraling

1604182682801.png

To be honest with you, we loved all the entries this month so everyone who entered is going to get the consolation prize. Information about what is included in the supporting member package can be found here.

Thank you to everyone who entered. Come back next month when we'll try to give away $25.00 again.

Regards,
Chainmaillers.com

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.