I will name him Stan...

MrDeranged

Staff member
Beta Tester
...and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him.

GREAT kit from steampunkgarage steampunkgarage Once I figured out a couple of little tricks, it was a lot easier to make. Of course, I'd have to get another kit to see if one of my tricks was luck or an actual easier way to do a certain step. For some reason, even knowing the ring sizes, I was expecting it to be a little bigger, but it's really cute at the size it is.

steampunkgarage

Established Member
Beta Tester
Vendor
The 16swg is actually easier to make. But no one buys them. People look at it, but we easily sell a dozen or more of the 18swg for every 16swg. The 18swg is also more finicky, so we figured it would be better to teach you the harder one that people actually want to buy. :)

steampunkgarage

Established Member
Beta Tester
Vendor
I have to find out what Stan uses for the center. Maybe 14swg 5/16. And 16swg 1/4 for the outside... but i can't remember if they were TRL rings or not.

LittleCLUUs

Here's my newest version of that star ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 253

Sue May

I am just getting back into chainmaille after a few months of a project for my hubby. I want to make a Stan Star... but I keep seeing the injuries other people are getting. I probably ought to work on easier stuff until I get my hands used to doing chainmaille again.

Mimi

Established Member
Beta Tester
It has been sitting on my workdesk mocking me. But, I can't start it until I finish at least one of the two matching cuffs I am working on (wedding prezzie for Oct).

Jo Mayer

I would love to try one but the combination of steel (or titanium) and tight ring placement has me a little skeptical of being able to do this one.

MrDeranged

Staff member
Beta Tester
J Jo Mayer , you definitely should. They're not quite as hard as they look and it's really only 1 ring that's a potential bastard out of the whole thing. There are also some tricks to making certain parts a little bit easier. On another note, they just released the titanium kits. I can't wait to get mine as I've never worked with titanium yet and I'm looking forward to it.

Frann

Established Member
Established Member
I have to find out what Stan uses for the center. Maybe 14swg 5/16. And 16swg 1/4 for the outside... but i can't remember if they were TRL rings or not.
I would kill for a 16 gauge kit.... okay not KILL, maim maybe.

Beth

I've got the kit, and the tutorial, but, I'm afraid to dig into it. I know I can do it, and I will do it, just need to concentrate!

lake158

Established Member
Established Member
It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I guess I was one of the lucky ones with no injuries. But one thing that is good to have in your tool kit is patience. I found the hardest part was to get that last ring in the centre, it took me a long time and many tries.

Frann

Established Member
Established Member
It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I guess I was one of the lucky ones with no injuries. But one thing that is good to have in your tool kit is patience. I found the hardest part was to get that last ring in the centre, it took me a long time and many tries.
Whatt'sss Patience, Precious?
JK. I'm sure once I get it. I'll be scrambling to do it in square rings. I really like the square rainbow.