Suggestions Option to set preferred sizes

trtsmb

Advertisement
On the weave pages, it would be nice to specify the granulation for suggested ID. For example, Half Persian 4 in 1 suggests at 18SWG, an optimal size would be 31/128". Back before MailleArtisans broke, I could specify metric/standard, AWG or SWG and with standard select a limit of x/64" for example to exclude 128th measurements.

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestion!

Since the AR tooltip suggested sizes are meant as a starting point (since they are based on Mandrel AR and not Actual AR) we didn't think that there would be a need for exclusions. Apparently, we were incorrect. ;)

I would say there's a good possibility that we will be able to add this functionality. Just a matter of speaking with our developer and, if it can be implemented, deciding how to implement it.

We'll update when we have more information. :D

trtsmb

I understand now. The original numbers aren’t actual AR but are mandrel sizes for some coiling their own rings.

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
I understand now. The original numbers aren’t actual AR but are mandrel sizes for some coiling their own rings.
Unfortunately, there is no feasible way to give Actual AR for Suggested Ring Sizes. There are simply way too many variables when it comes to Actual AR of rings (vendor, coiling method, ring material, springback, wire diameter, anodized, etc.) so we use Mandrel AR for the Suggested Ring Sizes (hence the disclaimer) :) .

1619724617999.png

In the Maillepedia, the "Commonly Used AR(s)" field lists Actual AR's that the weave should work with.

Hopefully that helps clarify things. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. :D