Other Hobbies...

Moni

Established Member
Beta Tester
Established Member
I'm wondering what other kinds of craftiness you guys are into?

I'm also into macrame and at the moment am working on a bag. I also make jewelry and accessories from it.

Knot-ical chokers.jpg Tribal chokers.jpg Dog Leash 1.jpg

This is just a sampling of my work.

So, what else do you guys do when you put down the pliers?

Sue May

Wow... I grew up in a Craft Store.... literally. My parents started the store when I was 9. Anyhoo... I have done almost all the crafts out there from wood burning, to stitchery, to flower arranging (yuck), to painting (water color/oils/ and acrylics). Right now I am doing a LOT of plastic canvas needlepoint for my husband. Weird.. I know. But it has been a fun project. We (my daughter and I) are making a map for my husband's miniatures gaming. So... approximately 500 3" hexes later, and my hands hurt. But it looks cool.

Jiyu

I used to knit quite a bit. I loved making hats and scarves, but fell out of contact with my knitting circle and went looking for something new. I still pick up my needles every so often, though.

Bryan Szafranski

Beta Tester
I don't have any other crafty hobbies. My wife knits, and we both collect records & comic books, but that's the limit of the craftiness.

AJMichaels

I really don't have any other hobbies. Wait, does corralling 4 kids count? I've done beaded jewelry in the past, but all it seemed to do was sit in a box and collect dust.

GordHavoc

I would like to get into leather working and wood working. Currently, my non essential hobbies are maille and baseball, and I can live without the latter of the two. I am pretty sure out of the past calendar year, I have mailled more then I should have. No carpel tunnel issues, no vision issues with micromail. I used to be into video games (I mean, every waking moment) but that has kind of faded.

Crystal

Does home improvement count? I'm renovating a century old house so I can rent out the lower floor while I attend pharmacy school next year... so my latest project has been replacing the linoleum bathroom floor with ceramic tile (which I now want in my upstairs bathroom in place of my current tub surround!). I also do some light gardening... had a pepper garden lay summer so I could experiment with making salsa!

Melody

Established Member
Beta Tester
Contributing Member
I have done just about everything I can afford. I used to make journals/books.. I crochet and knit. My big loves is photography and CM.

Beth

I've got a bad case of OCS (obsessive craft syndrome) aka OOh Shiny Disease. I see something, like it, learn it (and buy all required and unrequired tools), get really good at it, and then - ooh, shiny, what's that over there? I needle felt, crochet, knit, tie fancy knots and braid leather. My leather work can be seen at http://www.kangaroolead.com. I am a professional photographer - and earn my living taking win photos at dog shows.

Lassarina

I started with crochet and needle point when I was a little girl but currently I'm really into chainmail, perler (melty beads) and repainting dolls faces.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    804.9 KB · Views: 280

steampunkgarage

Established Member
Beta Tester
Vendor
We also have a line of tshirts with my original cartoon stick figure artwork on it. The Bacon Inspector is the most popular, followed closely by Revenge of the Veggies.
IMG_0077.JPG
cujo rev veg.jpg

GetChainedUp

I play with RC stuff in my non-maille non-work hours... I do end up having to get crafty doing this as well. Custom FPV helmet. Cup holder included!
IMG_20150204_125216_378.jpg

Rebeca Mojica

Beta Tester
I make fancy food sometimes:
fancy-cucumber-cup-soup.jpg

But my main hobby is fitness. I'm a commuter cyclist (I don't own a car) and I lift weights. I finally can do pullups (woo-hoo!) and am now working on pistol squats. So, um, I guess you could say I'm crafting my body? ;)

Theresa

Well I currently mostly make jewellery of all types - maille being my first love but I also do kumihimo and wirework. I used to crochet quite a bit and when I was a kid I sewed all the time. Still kind of miss it but it used to be a cheaper option now it seems fabric and patterns are so expensive.

sian griffiths

i make lots of other kinds of jewellery. mostly wirework, but some seed beading as well. oh, and i also makes cakes :) 20150505_184231.jpg

Attachments

• 20150610_153845.jpg
    20150610_153845.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 254
  • 031 (2).jpg
    031 (2).jpg
    983.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 884907_482681808454021_749675614_o.jpg
    884907_482681808454021_749675614_o.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 258
  • 20150304_171026.jpg
    20150304_171026.jpg
    768.3 KB · Views: 273

Cheryl Sherry

Where do I start: knit, crochet, sew, cross stitch, plastic canvas, macrame, jewelry making other than chainmaille, diy projects, gardening, camping, reading and probably a few that I forgot about.

MissKitty5077

I read a lot. I also enjoy cooking and making bread from scratch.

I do a little Pearl knotting, kumihino, and wirework. I love photography and dream of having my own darkroom someday. There is no greater manic than seeing your print develop regardless of how many times you've seen it before.