P.O.T.M. Rubber Rings - Do you use them?

Poll of the Month

Do you use Rubber Rings?

• Total voters

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
How do you feel about them? Do you use them often? Do you feel they cheapen your creations?

Let us know in the comments.

Regards,
Chainmaillers.com

MrDeranged

Staff member
Beta Tester
Personally, I love them. They cut my work in half on whatever I'm making as those are rings that I don't have to close myself. Four stretchy HP 3-1 bracelets are part of my daily "mailledrobe" ;)

From a business standpoint, I do feel they "cheapen" the jewelry a bit. The only time any of my maille has been mistaken for or compared to those damn loom bands are when I use rubber rings as a component. I've found that maille with rubber rings are also much more prone to be looked at as "kids jewelry" and people expect it to be priced accordingly.

NinaR

I started using them recently (got them as present) and still deciding what I want to use them in. Items are not yet for sale. This is something I am currently working on, and hope to be finished soon. I think if you make smart decision about color and weave it won't cheapen your work, just add to variety.
20150723_021304.jpg

moaatt

Established Member
Established Member
I unfortunately have to say no. Though that is mostly due to the fact that I haven't had the spare funds to get some rubber rings though I plan on getting some soon.