Rubber

Shirley

I really love the HP 4 in 1, but even after having made several, I still cannot get the closing right without at least an hour of trial and error. I just can't seem to follow the tutorials! I also have made several barrel weaves which turned out quite cute.

Traceybell

Just asking - what do any of you use to condition the rubber rings for longevity? Some kind of oil? I've heard that you should do this but I've never tried.

Sharyn Hamilton

Established Member
Established Member
2015-08-17 04.32.11.jpg
I love how this rubber barrel turned out.

lake158

Established Member
Established Member
I've used it in Hyperlinks kits so far, but I want to try it in HP 3 in 1 and helm.

Pamela Lunsford

Just asking - what do any of you use to condition the rubber rings for longevity? Some kind of oil? I've heard that you should do this but I've never tried.
Blue Buddha recommends tire shine or Armorall. Spray it, put it in a Baggie and rub it around until it's all covered and then rinse it in hot water and dry with a towel. Don't let it air dry or it will be sticky.

Pamela Lunsford

I just ordered my first batch of rubber rings from B3 and I am eager to work with them. I had some years ago and didn't like them at all but things must have changed. The ones I had would never have stood up to the abuse I see people put them through.

Bead Me A Story

Supporting Member
Aerospace Protectant 303 is the best thing to use. It comes in big bottles but I have some that I put into smaller spray bottles. It is safe and non toxic. It will not harm the rubber or you.