Rubber

MrDeranged

Staff member
Beta Tester
My go to weave using rubber is HP 3 in 1. I haven't really done any others with it as my largest supply of rubber rings is 18g 3/16. I have a few smaller amounts of other sizes, but haven't used them yet. The other reason I love that weave is because it cuts my work in half. Any closed rings are already pre closed ;)

5230freckles

I don't have tons of rubber yet either...but a fave vendor just added a bunch of colours and *sigh* you know....:) I like Vertebrae in rubber, so far.
ETA: I think Garter Belt would work well too...love those two weaves.

Ginger Garnitz

Beta Tester
Half persian, full persian, byzantine and helm make wonderful claspless bracelets when using rubber rings. I like garter belt with small rubber rings too, but the weaving sequence is a bit ungainly so i seldom do it.

Mimi

Established Member
Beta Tester
I like to do both Infinity and Byzantine using EPDM rings.

Ginkage

Well, so far most of my rubber ring usage has been a plethora of Half Persian 3 in 1 and 4 in 1 bracelets, but I'm working towards putting them in Byzantine next. I'd done that before, but that was before Blue Buddha changed their rubber rings and I want to work into using them in Byzantine. :)

Frann

Established Member
Established Member
Euro 4 in !, HP 3 in 1 ( I haven't tackled 4 in 1, though I'd like to) Japanese 12 in 2 (aluminum connectors) Helm,

Jamie

So far I've used rubber the most in making helm braclets. I love how the rubber and metal look together. Plus it's nice not to need a clasp. I also made a barrel ride bracelet for the first time with rubber last night.

Sharyn Hamilton

Established Member
Established Member
Advertisement
I just made a stretchy vertebrae for my 15 year old son Monday, and already have two orders -- they aren't even posted as for sale. People PMd me. Needless to say, I'm pretty fond of that weave now.

Mlouzzz

So far I've only tried euro 4-1, but wanna try dragonscale and some persian weaves with rubber.

Sharyn Hamilton

Established Member
Established Member
Well, it turns out Barrel is really quite spiffy (it's a technical term) in rubber. This is the Rubber Barrel Bracelet kit from Blue Buddha Boutique. www.bluebuddhaboutique.com
1439183788990.jpg

Daniel H.

Established Member
Established Member
I did a dragonscale with rubber rings that was fun, my only problem is over time it stretches a bit too much with me putting it on and taking it off.

Anne VanLoon

I've only gotten as far as Japanese weaves and minimal folding-which makes for a pretty looking flower, star, or quatrefoil component. I've been liking the patterns that are out so far-B3 has a very pretty Byzantine looking design that I'd love to try!

Judy

Definitely HP 3 in 1. It works up fast in large 16g size and it has a different look on both sides. People seem to like em, too!