P.O.T.M. Saw Cut or Machine Cut?

Poll of the Month

What "cut" do you prefer for your rings?

• Total voters

Melody

Established Member
Beta Tester
Contributing Member
I like saw cut for most applications. BUT machine cut has uses, wallet chains and things like that machine cut is great for.

Lunautumn

I mainly make jewelry, and I only use saw cut. If I decide to make anything larger like armor, I might use machine cut so I wouldn't need to spend so much time on my closures.

Edie Ramstad

I prefer saw cut. I like the way they close but I have seen some great armor made with some good machine cut rings too. I think it is a matter of preference and it is great that there are options for everyone.

lake158

Established Member
Established Member
Advertisement
Saw cut. To me the closures look better.

Edie Ramstad

I spoke to a girl today who makes chainmaille for horses. She said she can't use the machine cut as they get caught in the horse's mane and tail and then she has a really problem.

moaatt

Established Member
Established Member
I like machine cut as I don't have too much money to put towards chainmaille and it is much cheaper.

Carol Fiorilli

Neat Closures seem more of a breeze to accomplish with Saw Cut jump rings!! (IMO, when rings aren't neatly closed, there is a sense of professionalism that becomes greatly lost on the appearance of the jewelry piece!!)