What Were M.A.I.L. Weave Studies

moaatt

Established Member
Established Member
Hello everyone. I am fairly new to chainmail(started last August) so I never had a chance to be a member of M.A.I.L.(though it is one of my favorite resources). When I check out weaves on M.A.I.L. I sometimes see references to `Weave Studies`. Unfortunately the links are dead so I can't check it out. I am very curious as to what they are and if there is any archive/way to access them. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it.

Karpeth

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Hello everyone. I am fairly new to chainmail(started last August) so I never had a chance to be a member of M.A.I.L.(though it is one of my favorite resources). When I check out weaves on M.A.I.L. I sometimes see references to `Weave Studies`. Unfortunately the links are dead so I can't check it out. I am very curious as to what they are and if there is any archive/way to access them. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it.
They were forum threads dedicated to in-depth study of the weaves in question.

Since the forum is down, the links are not acessible. Alex Boxall/Daemon Lotus is the DB admin, who is the only one who has acess.

moaatt

Established Member
Established Member
They were forum threads dedicated to in-depth study of the weaves in question.

Since the forum is down, the links are not acessible. Alex Boxall/Daemon Lotus is the DB admin, who is the only one who has acess.
Thank you for the information, has there been any recovery effort, public sharing of a sanitized version of the db, or any kind of preservation effort?

Karpeth

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Thank you for the information, has there been any recovery effort, public sharing of a sanitized version of the db, or any kind of preservation effort?
There's a recovery effort. Please contact Alex for further details.

moaatt

Established Member
Established Member
Facebook, is where I find him.
Thank you for the information, do you know if he can be found outside of Facebook(I don't have an account and would like to avoid making one.) Or if he is only on facebook can you PM me a link to a page or group so I could find him?

Karpeth

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
Alex boxall, I don’t want to link as that can attract spam, but he should be found in mail grupps.