Blackened stainless vendors?

Frann

Established Member
Established Member
I haven't found another vendor of this fine product. I'm rather disappointed.
Personally I've only had success with the machine cut type of blackened stainless steel. Apparently they have different processing on saw cut that makes the coating unstable and when tumbled, it does not retain the deep dark hue.

I'd be interested in more vendors also.

steampunkgarage

Established Member
Beta Tester
Vendor
I know there's one girl on the Chain Maille forum who is trying to make it. And I know TRL sends it out to get treated. It's just a matter of finding out who they send it to...

MrDeranged

Staff member
Beta Tester
I think it was one of the Amanda's, but I don't remember offhand if anything ever came of it.

madd_vyking

There's surely a pretty darn good market for it, especially if someone in the States started doing it...imagine saw cut black stainless in the same quality as the TRL machine cut, but add to that the small batch custom size feature that Mithril Weaver offers...with super fast 3 day shipping?!?! (Somebody please pass me a wetwipe?) :eek:

MissKitty5077

I haven't found another vendor of this fine product. I'm rather disappointed.
Personally I've only had success with the machine cut type of blackened stainless steel. Apparently they have different processing on saw cut that makes the coating unstable and when tumbled, it does not retain the deep dark hue.

I'd be interested in more vendors also.

I think I read something in the last couple of weeks where Bernice said they were changing the way they did their blackened stainless. I cannot remember what she said, only that there were going to be changes.