P.O.T.M. Have you ever suffered from ringnesia?

Poll of the Month

Have you ever ordered rings and forgotten what you were planning to make with them?

• Yes

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Carol in Chicago

There was a gap of at least ten years between getting some of my stash and now trying again to use it. For some reason I have every color of AA in 18g 1/4 in. I know I was planning to make a whole bunch of somethings, I just cannot remember whats. Washer maille? Captive beads? AR 5.5. A search by that AR does not bring up anything obvious, as I like my Byzantine smaller. Persian, but Persian is my nemesis.

Last edited:

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
There was a gap of at least ten years between getting some of my stash and now trying again to use it. For some reason I have every color of AA in 18g 1/4 in. I know I was planning to make a whole bunch of somethings, I just cannot remember whats. Washer maille? Captive beads? AR 5.5. A search by that AR does not bring up anything obvious, as I like my Byzantine smaller. Persian, but Persian is my nemesis.
Filtering works much better than searching ;)

Alton H

Advertisement
We'd like to think we weren't the only ones who this has happened to...

Have you ever added a whole bunch of different rings to a shopping cart and then, by the time you receive them, forget what you were planning on making with them?

Please take a moment to vote in the poll and comment about your experiences with ringnesia. :)
I'm not sure if this is exactly on-topic, but I think it would be a very useful tool if bulk ring sellers would allow you to send a message with the package. This could allow you to remind yourself of what you were going to do with the rings or where to find the instructions for what you were going to do. Myself, I often wind the rings by hand according to my need, so I often end up with something similar to the problem described where I'll have wound rings into a coil and forgotten what I meant to use them for because I'll have run out of time when cutting them or putting them together, only to come back later wanting to use the same wire for a different purpose. If anyone has a similar issue, I suggest getting a small container stack that you can store rings in with a small slip of paper upon which you can write the project name.