Inlay weaves and programs to do patterns

Mimi

Established Member
Beta Tester
I am looking to do matching bracelets as a wedding present. I think I might use E 4-1 but am up to other suggestions. The inlay will be simple - the numbers 1, 2, 3 in any variation - Roman numerals, etc. Is there a basic inlay program for a simply inlay such as this?

Daniel H.

Established Member
Established Member
I wrote some basic instructions for how to use each of those tools. I attached it here so it can help you out.

Admin Note: Instructions are now in our Articles section. Please rate this resource if you found it useful. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Moni

Established Member
Beta Tester
Established Member
Will these work with (almost) any kind of picture? I have found some embroidery/cross stitch patterns that I'm considering. (Hogwarts House emblems/names)

Daniel H.

Established Member
Established Member
@Moni,you should be able to use any image. It converts each pixel into a ring. The file type and size are the only limiting factor I know of, and even large images can be done. It would probably work best if you start with an actual source image rather than a pattern image. If you have problems you can message me the image and I will see if I can get it going.

Kelly Bean

I use paint to make sure that I have crisp color lines. If you don't IGP picks up EVERY SHADE of every pixel and you wind up with 100 different colors as opposed to 2 or 3. It pays to go through and make sure the lines where colors come together are crystal clear.

Cheryl Sherry

I used IGP but had to enter each ring by myself. I could not figure out how to import a picture and have it work. It was time consuming but I think my inlay will be great when done.

Skaði

I am looking to do matching bracelets as a wedding present. I think I might use E 4-1 but am up to other suggestions. The inlay will be simple - the numbers 1, 2, 3 in any variation - Roman numerals, etc. Is there a basic inlay program for a simply inlay such as this?
One day I hope to do an inlay, but I have yet to get anything to convert the image. So, it's back burner for now.