Laser-Cut Scales

steampunkgarage

Established Member
Beta Tester
Vendor
I want to make one in every color of the rainbow now. Why can't they make red titanium?!? Perhaps I will learn to heat treat copper to that deep red color I keep seeing...

il_fullxfull.735090355_b4zz.jpg
il_fullxfull.734957972_ggj0.jpg

MrDeranged

Staff member
Beta Tester
Advertisement
Cannot wait to get my kit and extra scales. :)

MrDeranged

Staff member
Beta Tester
Got my kit. Didn't use the titanium scales that came with it though because I had something else in mind. I give you the Hellfire Turbine (steampunkgarage.com laser cut flame scales & candtdesigns.com UV scales):

full

Frann

Established Member
Established Member
Jenifer, we spoke about heat treated copper. Okay... you suggested it in a very subtle way, pushing my love for fire button. I love these laser cut scale blanks. Well done. (jealous)

Moni

Established Member
Beta Tester
Established Member
I love how these look! Especially the UV one.

SturmLQ

They look great Jenifer! Just a matter of patience and you will find that right mix you are looking for

jvbs

Just went to your Etsy shop, didn't see kits. Is there another place to see them?

Mimi

Established Member
Beta Tester
Jenifer, you will love playing with fire!!!! Just grab a little butane torch and play with the fire. I love the different variations that are done with torching the copper......and these were sealed with Protectaclear. I have found when you use the Protectaclear there are some colors that fade (like the blues :( ). The reds seems to be unbothered by the sealant.

Attachments

• copperscalenecklace.jpg
    copperscalenecklace.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 276

5230freckles

Beautiful Jenifer (or Stan?) and Mimi...those turbines are a bit out of my league at the moment, but some day I'll give it a shot.

Brooke

Those are beautiful! I've yet to dabble with scales, but seeing those totally makes me want to get some!

Anne VanLoon

I love the turbine-those scales just bump it up another level! I need better pliers before I can tackle the SS turbine rings. I nearly broke my current set on an attempt. Any likelihood of an aluminum alternative for us with less than superhuman hand strength?