Switching Names of Byzantine Fire and Byzantine Ice

Should I switch the names of Byzantine Fire and Byzantine Ice?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I Don't Care

• Total voters

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
Advertisement
While working on "The Wyrms" article, I realized that there may be a consistency issue with the names of Byzantine Fire and Byzantine Ice. Upon further research into these two reinforced versions of Byzantine and taking into account the difference between Fire Wyrm and Ice Wyrm, it seems that Byzantine Fire would be more aptly named Byzantine Ice, while Byzantine Ice would be more aptly named Byzantine Fire.

The reason for this is that the rotation of the reinforced cells, from the preceding cell was not taken into account.

When dealing with the Fire and Ice Wyrms, we see that there is a "Fire A" and a "Fire B" and that "Ice" is a alternation between the two:

fire-ice-jpg.7424

When you take the rotation present in Byzantine Fire and Ice into account, you see that Byzantine Fire is using both Fire reinforcements (an alternation, just like Ice Wyrm) while Byzantine Ice is using only a single Fire reinforcement (just like Fire Wyrm)

1703623279423.png

It's for that reason that I'm probably going to switch the names, but I am interested in other opinions