The B^, Gridlock Byzantine, Elfweave cousinship - Now including ladder?

Karpeth

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
In the Beginning was other weaves, but 2009 resulted in people submitting Byzee Bees to butterflies and Gridlock byzantine. 2010 came Flat Byz 4 in 1 tube.

In 2019, I saw BB2B, FB41T and GB close in time - and realized an important thing; they almost share the same middle part. GB and BB2B both have 2 rings bolting two protochains together - as such - and in 2023 I realized this about elfweave as well.

This gave me the idea of GB 4 in 1 Tube. I soon realized thatbeing unstable otherwise, a 3-stripe gridlock would work instead of 4-1 as a center part. Elf Followed the same treatment.

The fun fact is that after my delve into this - I realized that there's one more weave knownthat I found that behaves like that - Ladder. Ladder, being like BB2B, will also lend itself to the Beez stew treatment.

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know that I would personally include ladder in that grouping. If you take away the central rings in Ladder, you're left with no connections. Ladder is essentially helm chain, but with 2 mirrored orbital rings (orange) instead of a single orbital ring.
Helm vs. Ladder.jpg

Yes, it can probably be tubed in much the same manner as those you mentioned, but the central ring of the terminated cells (yellow) would need to be stacked first.

Render note: These are rough renders (there will be collisions) just to give a general idea of the concept. AR's used ( 6.1, 7.7) would most likely not work in the real world (especially the gridlocked version) and would need to be refined.

Proto chains:
Proto Chains.jpg
Ladder Tube 4 in 1:
Ladder Tube (4 in 1).jpg
Ladder Tube Gridlocked:
Ladder Tube (Gridlocked).jpg

Or did you have something else envisioned? ;)

Karpeth

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
I don't know that I would personally include ladder in that grouping. If you take away the central rings in Ladder, you're left with no connections. Ladder is essentially helm chain, but with 2 mirrored orbital rings (orange) instead of a single orbital ring.
View attachment 6418

Yes, it can probably be tubed in much the same manner as those you mentioned, but the central ring of the terminated cells (yellow) would need to be stacked first.

Render note: These are rough renders (there will be collisions) just to give a general idea of the concept. AR's used ( 6.1, 7.7) would most likely not work in the real world (especially the gridlocked version) and would need to be refined.

Proto chains:
View attachment 6419
Ladder Tube 4 in 1:
View attachment 6420
Ladder Tube Gridlocked:
View attachment 6421

Or did you have something else envisioned? ;)
That’s exactly what I envisioned, but since it’s listed beyond 8 on MAIL and if I found it anywhere else, I don’t currently have the capacity to make tests in that range, but since you provided much lower AR, it might be feasible for me.

not shown is Ladder stew and Ladder.

Karpeth

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
What we can see from the renders now is that the ladder tubes are just mangled IR variations, and as such - with their low usefulness - I assume they won't show up in the library?

Last edited:

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe one day. What you or I (or anyone) considers useful does not negate the fact that these are a unique sequence of cells and connections. I don't particularly find taco's useful, yet they still exist ;)