Feedback Workshop Weave?

Would you be interested in participating in a "Workshop Weave" each month?

• Total voters

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
We would pick a weave from suggestions each month for members to collectively focus on and help each other with.

Not really a challenge, more of a workshop for discussing specific weaves each month. Different ways of weaving, explanations of weave steps, helping others over humps, ring sizes, etc.

Let us know what you think of the idea and maybe give some suggestions for us to use.

Regards,
Chainmaillers.com

Jamie

I think that would be a great idea. If it was well recieved you could do different skill levels so everyone could particiate (have a beginner weave or advanced weave). You could go over weave variations as well.

Daniel H.

Established Member
Established Member
This could be interesting. I think it would really depend on the buy in and what people have to offer on the weave.

Sharyn Hamilton

Established Member
Established Member
I like the idea. More experienced maillers could also use the workshop as a building block to show less experienced ones what you can do once a weave is mastered -- like JPL3 to Onering to Mayhem to Mayhelm.

Katie

For certain things I learn better being shown, as opposed to reading directions off paper.

Skaði

We would pick a weave from suggestions each month for members to collectively focus on and help each other with.

Not really a challenge, more of a workshop for discussing specific weaves each month. Different ways of weaving, explanations of weave steps, helping others over humps, ring sizes, etc.

Let us know what you think of the idea and maybe give some suggestions for us to use.

Regards,
Chainmaillers.com
Wonderful idea! Hopefully help with some weaves I just can't 'get'

Studio Castile

I love this idea! I think MAIL use to do something like this. If you get enough participation you can have people focussing on different aspects of a weave, like maybe a beginner level of just learning a weave, advanced maillers might be doing variants or using the weave in more complex applications like pendants or sculptures. Or you can use the time to study the weave, like nail down its exact AR limits.

Karpeth

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
I love this idea! I think MAIL use to do something like this. If you get enough participation you can have people focussing on different aspects of a weave, like maybe a beginner level of just learning a weave, advanced maillers might be doing variants or using the weave in more complex applications like pendants or sculptures. Or you can use the time to study the weave, like nail down its exact AR limits.
Weave studies - at the end it was weave families mostly and longer than a month. Let's revive them!