P.O.T.M. Have you ever suffered from ringnesia?

Poll of the Month

Have you ever ordered rings and forgotten what you were planning to make with them?

• Yes

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
We'd like to think we weren't the only ones who this has happened to...

Have you ever added a whole bunch of different rings to a shopping cart and then, by the time you receive them, forget what you were planning on making with them?

Please take a moment to vote in the poll and comment about your experiences with ringnesia. :)

Kajira11

Absolutely. It happens on a semi-regular basis despite reminders to self. Oh well, one day I'll find a way to remember 😥

Studio Castile

Yes, stupid amounts of rings at times. And also neglected to buy things I clearly wanted or needed. Despite careful planning. And lists. :rolleyes:

Sabin

Oh, my, yes. I have several sizes of rings in my stash that I ordered a few years back and I simply can't remember what the heck for. I just keep hoping I'll run across the appropriate tutorial.

Melody

Established Member
Beta Tester
Contributing Member
Pretty much anytime I’m able to order I forget something I was going to make!

Lover_pleease

Yes, all the time (beads too.) I found an easy solution though. I have an app on my iPad called Good Notes and everytime I order for a certain project I list it there.

Finn

Wouldn't be the first time and definitely not the last time either.

Especially since most of my rings are 4 to 8 weeks under way if I don't order from The Netherlands so easier to forget. :p

Denised66

Have you ever added a whole bunch of different rings to a shopping cart and then, by the time you receive them, forget what you were planning on making with them?

Please take a moment to vote in the poll and comment about your experiences with ringnesia. :)
All the bloody time! LOL

MarilynB

Wait! You mean that isn't the way it's SUPPOSED to happen??

Reverend Fawkes

I'm currently waiting on a large order from TRL. The thing is, all the patterns and weaves are saved to my personal site, but...

I forgot to put them in any semblance of order. It's all a jumbled mess of HP3-1 with x number of rings, Inverted Captive Round for y centimeters, Graduated Scale from large to small over z cm-squared, and a crapload of e4-1/6-1/10-1.

My hope is that it'll start to make sense again once I receive the order and start assembling the various weaves. Probably not, though.

Whoissalma

Yep, ALL the time!
Every time I open the parcel, look through the rings and frustratedly try to remember what the heck I was going to make with them. I think "hmmm next time I'm gonna jot down my project plans". Then I start making something and that idea disappears into the murky depths of my mind, only to resurface when I'm opening the next ring package with a strong sense of déjà vu 😜

Glossy

YES! I thought I’d be the only one. Just the other day I thought it might be a good idea to write down every time `I order something for a specific item to make. I’ve just ordered a special notebook for me to do this - just hope I don’t in time forget why I bought the note book.

moaatt

Established Member
Established Member
Advertisement
It hasn't happened to me yet. Though I haven't been making chainmaille very long(Less than 1 year total, 4 months working on stuff other than european 4-in-1). Also when I order stuff from The Ring Lord it usually shows up in less than a week so I can't really forget what I wanted to make.

PamT

I would like to say I 'used' to until I started printing out my order and write what each bag of rings was destined for!!
When an order arrives I take the time to check my printed order to what's arrived and at that time I actually slip a piece of paper in each bag once again reminding myself what each bag of beauties is destined for cause it can take a while before I to a project.
Like I said this works most times for me until life gets in the way and I am once again confused.o_O

faemaille

Happened so much I write everything down when I order it, and what it's for...and when the rings arrive, it all gets sticky notes!