Intertwined...a/k/a ????

sabrinabnola

Van Alphen Studio calls this weave "intertwined". Was wondering if anyone recognizes it or might know it by any other name(s)? Thanks lots!
1697549304127.jpeg

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
Advertisement
Looks like a jpl variant.
I was originally thinking it was some kind of offset HP2 spiral, but you mentioning JPL changed my mind. I'm thinking this is a spiral version of JPL, False Pind, or one of the Stepped JPL's (probably Double Stepped where the reinforcing grain is spiraled.)

Karpeth

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
I was originally thinking it was some kind of offset HP2 spiral, but you mentioning JPL changed my mind. I'm thinking this is a spiral version of JPL, False Pind, or one of the Stepped JPL's (probably Double Stepped where the reinforcing grain is spiraled.)
I am leaning towards some sort of JPL-4?

These kinds of spiral weaves are the hardest to identify.

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
It's definitely 2 offset HP2 chains (Persian form 2 in 1) There's 2 "problems" with this one.
  1. It's definitely a *-4 weave
  2. One of the HP2 chains is alternating and the other is stepped

Karpeth

Contributing Member
Contributing Member
It's definitely 2 offset HP2 chains (Persian form 2 in 1) There's 2 "problems" with this one.
  1. It's definitely a *-4 weave
  2. One of the HP2 chains is alternating and the other is stepped
While it’s not something I delved into, people used to describe JPL as half persian.

I never Looked into stepped versions of JPL 4 - would both descriptions be correct or have you caught something definitive?

chainmaillers.com

Administrator
Staff member
While it’s not something I delved into, people used to describe JPL as half persian.
JPL 3 (as well as false pind) can be described as a reinforced HP 2 in 1 chain (2 in 1 - Persian form).

I never Looked into stepped versions of JPL 4 - would both descriptions be correct or have you caught something definitive?
I've never really gone past JPL3 at this point so nothing definitive to state at this time.