Who's Behind The Computer?

Salma

Hi,

I'm Salma and a total chainmaille addict. I got a jewellery kit a few years ago and tried some beading which just drove me nuts but found I could do some cool stuff with the jump rings. After playing around for a bit and falling down the rabbit hole on Google and YouTube I discovered the awesome world of chainmaille and it's now a massive part of my life. I do sell my stuff but not yet properly set up for online sales. You can see some of my work on my Facebook page Once Upon a Chain.

Cheers,
Salma

ScaryAnn

I discovered chainmaille two years ago this last July. In all of the chainmaille searches I've done since then I never found this site until this morning when I found it advertised on one of the Facebook pages.

Believe it or not ring splints are what got me addicted to chainmaille. :D I was showing the owner to our local craft store my ring splints (I made them as I can't afford $80 per joint and I needed all eight fingers and both thumbs splinted) and he told me that if I could solder, I could make chainmaille jewelry. (He had a customer until the day he stopped selling rings. We then purchased some of his equipment and now make our own rings) Then he showed me some of the chains he'd woven. I went home and did a couple of hours of research and within the first week I'd gone through 1100 rings, and the rest as they say is history! It's been a very delicate balance between mailling enough to help my hands and over doing it, but I don't wear my ring splints anymore.

This is one of my favorite creations.

IMG_2767.JPG

ScaryAnn (Mary Ann)

Silver

Hi I'm Rose,

I've been playing with chain maille for about 2 years. I also now teach it at a local lapidary club. I have no tattoos nor do I dye my hair but I do have a few silver ones coming through now. Most of what I make is given away to family and friends. My plan is to, when I retire, actually try to sell some, some how maybe at local markets etc.

I luv seeing what can be made, some of the pieces are just stunning. JPL and I do not like each other, helm, Euro 4 in 1, half persion and I get on ok, full persian is fine, as is japanese, the rest I am still to explore.

WhyYesThx

My name is Beth and I've been playing with wire for 15+ years. I've done mainly wire wrapping as well as some ChainMaille throughout the years, but have recently decided that I'd like to turn my attention back towards CM more. I mainly work with Argentium and Sterling Silver, but have used copper on occasion for CM, if requested. I may have a lot of questions, as all I know are very simple weaves, so please do tell me if I'm being a bother☺️
I'm really looking forward to learning from this group of talented artists!!

WhyYesThx

Advertisement
Who am I? Jeez, that's personal... I'm Frann. Representing me, working as the single cog in the Armored Hearts machine. I've been mailling since 1999. I started in armor for one small group of the SCA in Kansas and moved home to Michigan only to find that jewelry would satisfy my maille addition. I also knit and try to crochet. I show at local Art shows and in the Fetish Community. I try to do as many shows as possible and am always looking out for 'weird' venues. I love stainless steel and anodized Niobium an Titanium.

I'm a huge Fan of Jen and the Amazing Stan. And I'm a self proclaimed acolyte of Vanessa Walilko. I wanna be these people when I grow up.

Hi Frann! MI is where I'm from and where I will always call home! I've from
Farmington Hills, but relocated to Western NC in 88. It is my dream to one day be able to move back home to MI.
Nice to "meet" you!
Beth ;-)

Marellyn

Hi, have been mailling for 5+ years. Live in North Texas between Fort Worth and Dallas in a "sleepy little" town. Am a transplant from the Lou in Missouri and love living in TX. I am 75 y/o, healthy, active and love new patterns. Anodized colored aluminum are my favs to work with. Luv all the colors. I also teach chain maille and almost everyone I introduce it to luvs it. I will be adding your site to my list of incredible mailler sites.

Temp&Tea

Greetings! Just found this site - so I bit the bullet and joined up. Peg from Tempest and Teapot here.

Been mailling around 5 years now, started because I didn't like what wire wrapping was doing to my nails, and I just had to have SOMETHING crafty to feel complete.

Since that first Byzantine chain (made with craft store rings, too big for the weave) I've been hooked...and really felt the bite once I started on sculptural forms.

So far, I've developed my own dragon, 'rubber' duck, penguins, owls, and cows. On the bench at the moment is a little Victorian lady with a hoop skirt.

Robiinn18_2

Hello everyone, my name is Robin. I’m 26 years old. I live in the Netherlands. I started chainmailling 6 weeks ago and I’m already in love with it. By day I work in a hardware store and by night I make Chainmaille jewellery.. I have 5 cats that like to chainmail as well. The only material I use is Aluminum, because it’s cheaper and easy when still learning

Bracken Maille

Greetings one and all. Joshua, from Bracken Maille. I've been crafting chain maille in some form or another for the past 10 years. I started making maille full-time after undergoing a knee surgery, an appendectomy, and a major spine surgery ,all in 6 months time. I was laid up for several months during recovery, and started making maille as a way to pass the time. I quickly fell in love with the art and have been doing it ever since. I've done armor, clothing, inlays, artistic pieces, jewelry, and a bunch of other cool stuff. I also do my own titanium and niobium anodizing, and occasionally make my own rings. I love chain maille and scale maille, because I could spend 3 lifetimes learning and perfecting the art, and STILL not know everything. I do have a website that I sell both my finished wares and supplies on. When I am not making chain or scale maille, I am enjoying life at home with my wife, 2 children, 2 dogs, 8 cats, 2 goats, a horse, and about 20 chickens. Anything else you want to know, just ask.

WhyYesThx

My name is Beth. I reside outside of Asheville, NC, but am originally from Farmington Hills, MI. I've been making chainmaille (on and off) since about 98, focusing on it more seriously as of late. I also make wire wrapped jewelry and stained glass. I have 3 cats and 1 terrier mix puppy.

Moxie.Blacksmith

I'm actually a blacksmith, but I haven't had a place where I could use fire tools for few years here, and I still missed working with metal.. And that's how I started looking in to metal work i could do at home and take the financial stress off of me for a while. Ended up doing chainmaille shirt.

I'm 28 years old northern European woman. I'm currently heading back to forge work but I don't think I'll ever leave chainmaille (and other wire stuff like wire weaved pendants) now that I got hooked. My favourite wires are copper and aluminum (which is funny because I never enjoyed aluminum before).
I do youtube as well, here's my copper chainmaille video from this summer/autumn:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
please do support my art I want to make an art career out of this :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-10 Moxie Blacksmith ( moxie blacksmith) • Instagram photos and videos(4).png
    Screenshot_2020-10-10 Moxie Blacksmith ( moxie blacksmith) • Instagram photos and videos(4).png
    632.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_2020-11-02 Moxie Blacksmith ( moxie blacksmith) • Instagram photos and videos(1).png
    Screenshot_2020-11-02 Moxie Blacksmith ( moxie blacksmith) • Instagram photos and videos(1).png
    1 MB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_2020-10-10 Moxie Blacksmith ( moxie blacksmith) • Instagram photos and videos(2).png
    Screenshot_2020-10-10 Moxie Blacksmith ( moxie blacksmith) • Instagram photos and videos(2).png
    1,019.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_2020-11-02 Moxie Blacksmith ( moxie blacksmith) • Instagram photos and videos.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-02 Moxie Blacksmith ( moxie blacksmith) • Instagram photos and videos.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
  • chainmaillersarmour.png
    chainmaillersarmour.png
    586 KB · Views: 76

Kitnmaille

Hello! I am Kat, I've been making chainmaille since 2011. Only in the last couple years have I made it into a business (Kitnmaille) and started doing shows! I miss doing them for the time, but had been in hiatus since March. Finally getting back into the swing of things a little. My favorite ring size is 16g 1/4 and dragons are my favorite things to make. Currently working on a dragon that is going to be bigger than any other I've done so far. :)

Moxie.Blacksmith

Hello! I am Kat, I've been making chainmaille since 2011. Only in the last couple years have I made it into a business (Kitnmaille) and started doing shows! I miss doing them for the time, but had been in hiatus since March. Finally getting back into the swing of things a little. My favorite ring size is 16g 1/4 and dragons are my favorite things to make. Currently working on a dragon that is going to be bigger than any other I've done so far. :)
hi Kat, and the dragon! :)

brianb54

Hi everyone. I'm new mailler, just picked up the habit last October. I have learned a few basic weaves and try to learn a new one each week. Of course I never have the correct size rings for the new one.:rolleyes:

I am retired after many years as a structural welder. I swore I'd never pick up a piece of metal again, but I can do this and still have a clean shirt at the end of the day. I love it!

Attachments

• IMG_0732-Edit.jpg
    IMG_0732-Edit.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0831-Edit.jpg
    IMG_0831-Edit.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83

Pmott

Hi,

New member from Sweden. I made my first try with mailling in around 2014 when coming in contact with it at a viking village. But I just tried a few things that I was happy with, then I stopped because I got mad nothing worked. But after a new visit to a viking village last summer I picked up my pliers again, and learned about AR and suddenly everything came to place and now I even dream about mailling.