Who's Behind The Computer?

Kajira11

Hello All,

Welcome to Chainmaillers.com. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here, maybe post a picture of yourself and show us what you look like.

We hope you find what you're looking for and enjoy your stay with us. :)

Regards,

The Chainmaillers.com Team
I'm a 50+ true blue Aussie woman, despite years spent in Nottingham.
Started my love of maille years ago when my collar needed replacing. Have been making myself pendants, bracelets and earrings for the past decade or so. I'm addicted to rainbow niobium... for everything LOL

Sabin

Advertisement
Hi, all! I've been weaving maille for about seven years or so. Years ago, I did a stint in a medieval recreation group. My husband made a couple of chainmaille hauberks as well as a coif. I kept looking at those and other people's armor and thinking there had to be a better use for the stuff. I discovered anodized aluminum and tutorials a few years later, and went to work. I've been sticking to a very few basic weaves, but I am looking to upgrade my skills and add to my repertoire of weaves.

Studio Castile

Hello! I'm Jason of Studio Castile, creator of Triffids and a few other bits and bobs. I haven't been mailing as long as some, but I like to think I've accomplished a lot. I first started in 2010 but only mailled a few months before life got in the way. I returned to the craft in 2015 and have been hard at work ever since. I vend a lot of my local art markets and festivals and am slowly trying to build my business. I'm pretty mercurial in my weave preferences so there are an awful lot of things I have only made once before moving on. My first favorite was HP 4-1 but I moved on to Syringa when I discovered it. Of course, Triffids is my baby and I probably make way too much of it but I love plenty of other weaves as well.

Triffids Close-up.png

Ledgem

Hi, My name is Alissa and I'm 30 years old/young what ever :p
Happily marries and got 3 cats.
My dayjob is working at a company that makes testmaterials for the dishwasher and laundry industry or in short: I make stains and sew them on clean cloth to send them to costumers who then test their washing products on the stains.
Started mailling 6 years ago, by making a simple Byz bracelet, and hooked ever since.
I always tell people that this a hobby that got out of hand, so I do some fairs every year to sell some...and then making more because it's fun!
I love working with Aluminium, Stainless Steel and Titanium, however the latter tends to be a beech on my hands XD

Oh and my other hobby is gaming, like World of Warcraft and such ^^

CherylR

Hi everyone! I'm Cheryl, 49, happily married with 1 daughter. I am very new to chainmailling. I have only been at it for a couple of weeks now and am hooked! I am not new to the art itself however. I have a few pieces that were bought at Ren Faires and Celtic Festivals. So far I have only done about 3 weaves but am looking forward to trying some new ones very soon.