Who's Behind The Computer?

Kajira11

Hello All,

Welcome to Chainmaillers.com. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here, maybe post a picture of yourself and show us what you look like.

We hope you find what you're looking for and enjoy your stay with us. :)

Regards,

The Chainmaillers.com Team
I'm a 50+ true blue Aussie woman, despite years spent in Nottingham.
Started my love of maille years ago when my collar needed replacing. Have been making myself pendants, bracelets and earrings for the past decade or so. I'm addicted to rainbow niobium... for everything LOL

Sabin

Hi, all! I've been weaving maille for about seven years or so. Years ago, I did a stint in a medieval recreation group. My husband made a couple of chainmaille hauberks as well as a coif. I kept looking at those and other people's armor and thinking there had to be a better use for the stuff. I discovered anodized aluminum and tutorials a few years later, and went to work. I've been sticking to a very few basic weaves, but I am looking to upgrade my skills and add to my repertoire of weaves.

Studio Castile

Hello! I'm Jason of Studio Castile, creator of Triffids and a few other bits and bobs. I haven't been mailing as long as some, but I like to think I've accomplished a lot. I first started in 2010 but only mailled a few months before life got in the way. I returned to the craft in 2015 and have been hard at work ever since. I vend a lot of my local art markets and festivals and am slowly trying to build my business. I'm pretty mercurial in my weave preferences so there are an awful lot of things I have only made once before moving on. My first favorite was HP 4-1 but I moved on to Syringa when I discovered it. Of course, Triffids is my baby and I probably make way too much of it but I love plenty of other weaves as well.

Triffids Close-up.png

Ledgem

Hi, My name is Alissa and I'm 30 years old/young what ever :p
Happily marries and got 3 cats.
My dayjob is working at a company that makes testmaterials for the dishwasher and laundry industry or in short: I make stains and sew them on clean cloth to send them to costumers who then test their washing products on the stains.
Started mailling 6 years ago, by making a simple Byz bracelet, and hooked ever since.
I always tell people that this a hobby that got out of hand, so I do some fairs every year to sell some...and then making more because it's fun!
I love working with Aluminium, Stainless Steel and Titanium, however the latter tends to be a beech on my hands XD

Oh and my other hobby is gaming, like World of Warcraft and such ^^

CherylR

Hi everyone! I'm Cheryl, 49, happily married with 1 daughter. I am very new to chainmailling. I have only been at it for a couple of weeks now and am hooked! I am not new to the art itself however. I have a few pieces that were bought at Ren Faires and Celtic Festivals. So far I have only done about 3 weaves but am looking forward to trying some new ones very soon.

Kyrie

Hi all,
I'm a new member. I'm new to Chain mail. I started learning how to make it at a Renaissance festival a month ago.
Now, I'm enjoying doing it. I'm from CT.
Hope everyone has a great weekend,
Kyrie

anjules

Hi all, I'm Andrea, or Anj as my family calls me. I've been mailing for a few years now and the more I do it, the more I realise how vast the hobby is and how much I dont yet know... I'm from New Zealand, so shipping is painful, which makes mailing a little sporadic for me. I love making new items, its creating something from nothing that I really enjoy, I've not really given selling anything a decent go, but have been thinking about it more recently. I've been mailing mostly in BA or AA but have been delving more into precious metals lately and loving the difference :)

GoldenLeveret

Hi everyone, Leveret here! I fell into mailling a few years ago when I made a tabard for a cosplay event. I've always been very into jewellery, and mailling was the perfect hobby for me. I'm a magpie, history enthusiast, and dauntless tea-drinker. I'm thrilled to have found this site, and particularly the Beadsisters archive (so much admiration for those ladies). I was gearing up to start making as my 'side hustle' when the pandemic hit. It's going to take me a while to get back up and running!

Finn

Errm... hello... I'm Finn, and about a dozen years ago... 20 is not a dozen but whatever... I decided in a crazy ADHD/autist kind of way (which I am for the record) that I wanted to weave my own chainmail shirt. I bought one which is part of a LOTR Elf Guard (the ones guarding the tree in Minas Tirith) but it's iron and it's a) heavy and b) it rusts... so I decided to remake one in alluminium. I have been weaving on and off, and I have a back, a front and that's about it.

Anywho, then I discovered that rings didn't just make one sort of weave but there are all sorts of weaves out there, and well... here I am.

Beyond that, I am also an avid lego builder and gamer (Xbox series), love boardgames, love history and archaeology, ... and then some.

Ldythea

Hello, I'm Diana from Gilbert, AZ. I've worked all manner of crafts for around 50 years now. Years ago, I worked in stone and bead jewelry. After a time working on armor in the SCA, I found Weave got Maille and learned I could mix two of my loves together. I've spent the last two years or so, learning patterns and dabbling. My work finally paid off and yesterday I delivered my first paid commission of four bracelets! I hope this is just a beginning for me. Getting paid to do what I love sounds too good to be true.

Steve

Hi everyone, Steve here, based in West Midlands of the UK. Started making chainmaille jewellery about 7 years ago. Was devastated at the news of Beadsisters closing, as all those beautiful patterns / instructions were gone. And now, Christmas has come early this year as I’ve discovered this site!!! Thanks to all involved in making this happen.
Time to dig out the tools and get stuck back in. A couple of pics of some of my previous work attached
F2146EBA-030E-47B3-9035-9BAB8FE4E7B8.jpeg 5E539A3E-F56E-4B07-A1E7-239DDAA22AE1.jpeg
237866BF-20E5-48D7-B46B-2E4C141C09AC.jpeg

Reverend Fawkes

Hi there! I'm obviously new here. :p

Anyway, I've been doing chainmaille armor and jewellery as a hobby for a little over a decade but haven't fully dedicated to it as I tend to overload myself with other hobbies. With my forge out of operation thanks to the increasing price of raw materials, and the fact that paracord has brought me nothing but frustration and rope burn, I've decided to dive back into being a chainmailler full-time.

My wife has been doing chainmaille jewellery for thirty-odd years, so she's taught me everything I need to know [especially where to look online for more complex theory].

Outside of that, I'm an internet person. I design websites, maintain blogs, and have YouTube channels. ~shrug~

RanJur

Howdy Folks! I’m Diane, and got into chain maille about five years ago after seeing a piece posted on FaceBook. I am now retired and ramping up production for local craft and sportsman’s shows here in the Hudson River Valley of NY. I like the idea of working in solid metals, copper, bronze, brass, nickel, aluminum and steel, esp (yes, I know about allergies). I am buying most rings, but have what I need to make any odd sizes I may need, and have started getting into anodizing titanium on a small scale (who can resist those colors!). I am constantly amazed at the helpfulness and generosity of the CM Community, and try to contribute as I can. My only original work so far has been an Yggdrasil pendant I posted some months ago, I think on FB’s Chain Maille Collective. Thanks for letting me join in!

faemaille

Advertisement
I'm Dee — mailler for 3-4 years but still a newbie, as I get distracted doing other art! I wrote the book on sculpting oddfae, and do maille and wire when I need a break from clay. I'm a crazy cat lady from Southern CA.

mcquigg55

Greetings! I'm Diane. I've been doing Chain maille about 8 years, after I became disillusioned by all of the beaded jewelry at craft shows. I am not as active with the pliers as I was, since I'm also a stained glass artist and an author... all in addition to the day job. When I do get to weave I prefer sterling over the other metals, although I've worked in others. (And that preference also helps to explain why I don't do shows with my chain!)

inky

Hi Everyone.....I've been making maille for almost 3 years and love it! I was looking for something to do for Christmas gifts in 2011 and happened upon a book of weaves - Classic Chain Mail Jewelry by Sue Ripsch - and was hooked. I am 52, live north of Pittsburgh, PA with my husband, 2 golden retrievers, a cat and numerous fish. After 26 years in the hotel industry I needed a break from the long grueling hours. I now work for Fetch! and take care of other folks dogs, cats, reptiles, rodents and horses as my day job. I love the flexibility it gives me to attend more arts/crafts shows and learn more weaves.
I started with junk rings from the craft store (who hasn't) and after 2 years of aluminum I have started working more and more with stainless steel and niobium.
As soon as I figure out how to load up a pic of myself I will do that :)

Hello All,

Welcome to Chainmaillers.com. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here, maybe post a picture of yourself and show us what you look like.

Regards,

Hi all,
I'm Inky. I'm from north Derbyshire in the UK and live with my four dogs.
I'm an artist who draws and works with epoxy resin. I'm also a bit of a computer geek/gamer and collect games consoles.
I've had a love of tattoos and piercings for as long as I can remember and my hair had been dyed more colours than I can remember.
I'm always looking out for new jewellery to dress up my ever expanding collection of body piercings which led me to the beautiful world of chainmaille.
I've been making chainmaille jewellery for a few years now and am always on the lookout for different weaves to try.
Looking forward to learning with you all.

Rusty Custom

Hello everyone, I’m a full time cater for my autistic son and elderly parents and am looking at some new hobbies to let me escape my life duties.

I’m an ex-Australian Submariner, qualified diesel mechanic and machinists and thought that what you guys and gals are doing looks interesting.

Looking forward to learning and just looking around to see what is involved with this craft.

Thanks Russell

TourmalineTerror95

Hi guys, I'm an aspiring artist & craftsman who does woodturning, decorative knot tying, & drawn art. I started making chainmail about a year ago as a type of wearable art project, one chainmail half-sleeve made from old booze can pop-tabs for the outside of my younger brother's leather jacket (as a birthday gift), & a half-sleeve made from the EU 6 in 1 sheet pattern for the outside of my leather jacket. I'm keen to make other jacket coverings for my brother & myself by using the various Dragonscale & Hoodoo sheet patterns.

DeadRinger

Hello All,

Regards,

Hello everyone,
Who am I? someone who fell in love with Chain Maille as a accessible technique for making beautiful and durable jewellery, and accessories.
What brings me here? I'm looking for new weaves to try out, and design ideas to experiment with.
I hope to have fun and find inspiration from you all in the community.
Bye!